Age: 3.5+ (as on 31st May)
- Helping your child have a strong sense of identity by making them independent,
Connecting your child with and contributing to their world by learning about their environment, cultures etc,
- Giving them a strong sense of well-being by involving them in physical activity, learning practice, resilience and being provided with opportunities to strengthen decision-making skills,
- Making them confident and involved learners and challenge & inspire them to investigate and explore
- Making them effective communicators by immersing and involving them in language with a range of contexts and materials.
- Shapes and Colors: 3D shapes and colors followed by more advanced shapes through the means of early concept books and everyday activities and games in association with the outside world.
- Numeracy: learning to count, writing and identifying numbers from 1-50 with the help of resources such as ‘Mathematics Readiness’, ‘Mathematics Skills and Concept’ books and square line books. Understanding and matching numbers and their concepts.
- Mathematical skills: simple addition and subtraction.
- Language enrichment: Concentrating on vocabulary development & early reading skills and using language for meaningful communication.
- Alphabet Knowledge: recognition of letters of the alphabet (Capital Letters & small letters). We also look into formation of letters (writing) aid of a ‘Writing Readiness Book’, ‘Phonics Activity Book’, Elly Web App, Companion App and red and blue four-line books.
- Second language: basic concepts of Hindi such as vocabulary and Swar recognition अ – अ: by means of a ‘Reader Book’.
- Physical development as an integral part of our program as it is essential to develop gross-motor and fine-motor skills. We have suggested activities that can be carried out indoors/outdoors such as simple Yoga exercises and games through the course of the program.
- Our approach is thematic. We have a new theme every month – eg: Myself, Seasons, Plants etc. These themes will dictate everyday activities including scrapbook activities.
- Music and Movement are a great part of this program! We introduce old rhymes and new age rhymes and with dance kids and explore and control their body movements. Along with a Rhymes Book and the Elly Web App which is home to a collection of Rhymes and music.
- Recall and retell: Refining story retelling skills.
- Motor skills: Developing small and large muscle’s purpose and control.
What our parents have to say...
It is difficult to notice the difference between the two since they are similar in the aspect that both involve the schooling of your child
The decision to start homeschooling is a brave one. While some parents (especially those with a teaching background) already make this decision from an early
Your Guide to Effective homeschooling
Passing on some of the expertise we’ve gained over the years to you. Just starting to homeschool your child? Don’t worry, we got you!